The shape and character CAVE different, and those differences cause the method to enter this cave different. There are climbing, rope, and there is even a swim. But there is also a cave that is easy to enter because of the entrance of the cave has been built with a neat and well. Should cave tours. Some fans of this sport no one came to the cave to capture the beauty and magic of the caves, good decor and some animal cave that is in the cave. For that purpose, come with a set of photo tools.
Before getting to know the technique to explore the cave we got to know some of the terrain / cave different types in order to apply the techniques and prepare everything so that more mature things.
Here are some of the field structure in the cave:
Horizontal cave terrain is very varied, ranging from the hallway - a hallway that can be easily traced, to a hallway that require special techniques to be able melewatinya.a. Mud
Muddy hallway could easily when the mud is not too thick. If the knee even to the stomach, to pass we move to a position such as swimming, so you can easily move and saving tenaga.b. Water
For a watery cave conditions, especially for who has never entered the cave we do not know the depth of the water and the underwater conditions, therefore we must know the depth and underwater conditions, therefore we must know the procedure and have support facilities.
The main requirement for passing a watery aisle is to be able to swim. But the hallways are very limited conditions, different swimming techniques in the cave by swimming outside the cave. Because here we fully dressed, boots might even bring a heavy burden.
Division team should also be adjusted. Leader should not carry heavy loads, as it makes the track and learn the terrain. Under certain conditions we are using float even rubber boats, especially for the long hall and juicy inside.
There is also a hallway that almost all filled with water and there is little room left. For the past we had to do Ducking (looking up).
Various kinds of horizontal cave search techniques (TPGH):
- Duck Walking is the squat with one arm extended forward.
- Crawling baby is crawling
- Belly crawl crawling ie, whole body pressed to the ground
- Ie Crouching squat street
- Squeezing that is creeping in narrow aisle
- Bear Walking is just like fours straight leg position
VertikalDalam field caving sometimes we come across the hall which is located on top of us. Or even entrance / mouth of the cave in the form of pitting. To be able to continue the search we need to use the techniques of Climbing. Such as the use of seat insert and drill the cliff to make the track. Which makes the trajectory is Leader / Rigging man then other members through the use of SRT. To do free climbing is done on terrain conditions such as;
- The flow of water is heavy and we do not know the depth
- Gua-shaped slit at the bottom and narrows (crack)
- A large river or lake in
- Installation of the track at waterfall
- Passing Calcite Floor
After understanding some of the fields in the cave we proceed to understanding penulusuran techniques in the cave. Actually, in sport caving there are 6 specialties known and grown around the world, namely:
Single Rope Technique ( SRT )
is a technique used to explore caves for vertically using the rope as a path to go up and down a vertical field-crazy. Various systems have been developed in accordance with the conditions of the terrain in the birthplace of each method. However, the most widely used is the Frog Rig System.
Another technique is: Rope walker, Texas Rig, Jumaring, Mitchele System, Floating cam system.
Frog Rig System using the tool:
1. Seat harness, used to tie the body and other tools. Installed in the waist and groin. The types are: Bucklet, Avantee, Croll, Rapid, and Fractio. Seatharness consumption habits depending closeness.
2.Chest Ascender, used to climb (up) or a track mounted on the chest strap. Delta connected to the Oval MR MR
3. Hand Ascender, used to climb (up) path or a rope in hand. At the bottom of the descender mounted, hung a foot loop and cows tail.
4. Descender, used to down the rope. There are several types descender: Capstand (there are two kinds: Simple Stop and Auto Stop), Whaletale, Raple Rack (there are two kinds: Close Open Rack and Rack), Figure of Eight, and some kind of more that principle works the same as the figure of eight ,
5. Mailon Rapid, there are two kinds of Mailon Rapid (MR), namely: Oval MR to associate Chest Ascender to the Delta MR. Delta MR itself is to link the two loops Seat Harness and linking other devices as follows Carabiner Descender as friksinya and Cowstail.
6. Foot loop, Anchored to the carabiner that is connected to a hand ascender. Serves as a footrest. The size of the foot loops should be exactly as shown above. This greatly reduces fatigue when ascending in PITC long-pith.
7. Cows tail, has two tails. One related to Hand Ascender, and another one free, used for safety while passing through intermediate trajectories, deviation, passing connection, tyrolean, and traverse.
8. Chest harness, to attach Chest Ascender to be more closer to the chest. To facilitate movement during normal ascending, or when passing through the connection string. Chest harness better if it can be arranged short length (adjustable), so as to facilitate the operation, especially if there is a case where the connection Chest Ascender locked or node, or at the time of rescue.
The techniques that must be learned for the SRT is ascending and descending the mastery of passing the types of track and field.
~ 1. Bypassing intermediate anchor
~ 2. Past the deviation anchor
~ 3. Past the rope connection
~ 4. Tyrolean trajectory passes, using a rope and two ropes.
~ 5. Climbing the rope with the terrain slope (sloping).